May 27, 2024  
2023 - 2025 Voorhees University Catalog 
2023 - 2025 Voorhees University Catalog


Voorhees University values diversity among its student body and encourages applications from qualified students who come from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. The University admits students who meet the entrance requirements without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic orientation or against qualified disabled persons, disabled veterans, or veterans of the Vietnam era, as identified and defined by law or any factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable law.

Admissions Requirements & Procedures

The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) is the recommended standard entrance exam and scores should be submitted to the Office of Admissions. An applicant who wishes to be considered for admission to the freshman class must meet the following requirements. The applicant must:

Present evidence of graduation with a transcript and diploma from an accredited or approved high school, earning an overall grade point average of 2.00 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or present a General Education Development Examination Certificate (GED);

  1. Complete a high school curriculum including 24 required units:
  • 4 units of English language arts
  • 4 units of mathematics
  • 3 units of science
  • 1 unit of U.S. history
  • 0.5 unit of economics
  • 0.5 unit of government
  • 1 unit of social studies elective
  • 1 unit of physical education
  • 1 unit of computer science
  • 1 unit of foreign language
  • 7 other academic units that may be earned in a foreign language, literature, social studies, or science
  1. Submit an admissions application with a non-refundable application fee;
  2. Submit a Voorhees University self-reported medical form with the applicant’s signature verifying the accuracy of medical information; and
  3. Meet program admission requirements, as specified in the current catalog and applicable program handbooks.

Note: The medical form is not required for an admission decision but must be submitted to complete the admissions file. Voorhees University is committed to ensuring applicants can benefit from the education received.

Select affiliates associated with Voorhees University require that students engaged in co-curricular and experiential placement experiences (such as service-learning, clinical, and internships) first clear a criminal background check before placement.

A student whose background check reveals a criminal history may be prevented access to the co-curricular and experiential learning experience. As a result, the student would not have sufficient clinical experience to complete a program. Also, licensing boards for select professions may deny a student the opportunity to sit for an examination if a student has a criminal history. For this reason, the applicant with a criminal background is requested to notify the Admissions Office at the time of application. Please note that a decision to accept an applicant with a criminal background for enrollment to Voorhees University is not a guarantee a field experience component will permit the student to participate, or that any state will accept the individual as a candidate for registration, permit, or licensure.

Conditional Admissions

Voorhees University administration and staff are sensitive to the needs of applicants who may benefit from Voorhees’s academic and social experiences. Admissions are based upon official documentation of an applicant’s ability to benefit from being enrolled at Voorhees University. Placement Test results are often used for this purpose. Admissions may include special conditions imposed by the Matriculation Committee at the time of admissions. The Committee will determine whether applicants with academic deficiencies may be admitted. Students may be referred to various University offices and staff for special support services including further course work of studies, or documentation that is required to eliminate the deficiency.

Re-Admission Of Former Students

A former student whose attendance has been interrupted for one or more semesters (summer sessions excluded) must apply for readmission. If the student was enrolled at another accredited University(s) since last attending Voorhees University, the student is classified as a transfer and must submit an official transcript from the other University(s) attended, a Transfer Confidential Report, along with the re-admit application. A student must obtain appropriate clearance from the Vice President for Business and Fiscal Affairs, the Vice President for Academic Affairs, VP for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs, and the Director of Admissions in order to complete the re-admit process.


Applicants who applied to Voorhees University and not accepted may reapply for a future semester. For reconsideration, applicants must submit an updated application and new information (i.e., new recommendation letter, new entrance exam scores, additional coursework, evidence of improved writing skills, etc.). Reconsideration of applications without additional information will not be conducted. Decisions of Voorhees University are final. No explanation will be given in case of denial.

Notification Of Admission

Once all application requirements have been met, the Department of Admissions will notify prospective students of a decision rendered within two (2) weeks. An admissions packet, including the letter of acceptance, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), a housing application (if applicable), and a Voorhees University Acceptance Form will be mailed to all students accepted for enrollment at Voorhees University.

Transfer Students

Transfer students are required to submit additional documents to the Office of Admissions:

  1. An official transcript from each accredited post-secondary school previously attended;
  2. A completed Confidential Report from the previous post-secondary school attended;
  3. “Good” academic standing at previous institution(s);
  4. Transfer students with less than 30 semester hours of University credits must submit an official high school transcript and grade point average; and
  5. An admissions application with a non-refundable application fee.

Transfer credits are accepted for comparable work completed at another accredited institution in which the student has earned at least a grade of “C.” Transfer students are classified according to the number of credit hours accepted from the previous institutions. Every effort is made to inform students of the number of transferable credits at the time of acceptance.

A transfer student may be admitted provisionally pending evaluation of his/her official transcripts. A transfer student with this status will be informed of the transfer credits accepted by the University prior to, or at the time of registration.

Transient Students

A student in “good” academic standing at another accredited University or university who wishes to earn credits at Voorhees University toward a degree from the other University/university may be admitted as a transient student. To be admitted as a transient student, a completed application for admission must be submitted to the Department of Admissions along with written approval from the University of primary enrollment indicating the list of courses approved for transient study.

Special Students

A student who wishes to enroll at Voorhees University to take courses without becoming a candidate for a degree program is classified as a Special Student. To be admitted as a Special Student, a student must complete the official admissions process. Special students may later become candidates for a degree. Special students are subject to the same academic, registration, and class management policies (including but not limited to class attendance and conduct) as other students.

High School Advanced Enrollment

High school juniors and seniors may enroll in courses for University credit during the regular semester or the summer session. The credits earned may be applied toward a Voorhees University degree or may be transferred to another University or university. Course transfer policies vary from institution to institution. Therefore, Voorhees University cannot guarantee that every University will accept credits earned as a result of high school advance enrollment. High school students interested in enrolling at Voorhees University should contact the appropriate high school official, and complete a Voorhees University admissions application.

Homeschooled Students

Voorhees University welcomes applications from home-schooled students. In addition to the application procedures outlined in Subsection 6.2.1, Voorhees University requires home-schooled applicants to submit transcripts that have been scrutinized and approved by their local Board of Education.

Veterans And Dependents Of Veterans

Voorhees University is approved to provide training for Veterans and eligible dependents under the G.I. Bill® of Rights. Veterans Affairs assistance is located in the Veterans Resource Center located in Bedford Hall. The Director of the Veterans Resource Center is available to provide service and counseling for students who are eligible to receive educational benefits from the Veterans Administration.

Veterans Affairs Policies And Procedures

The following policies and procedures must be adhered to for veterans, and for dependents of veterans who receive veteran’s benefits to defray the cost of education at Voorhees University.

  1. Enrollment Certification: Students must complete VA Form 22-1990 or VA Form 22-5490 for Chapter 35 benefits or visit to submit the VONAPP application before receiving VA benefits. The Certificate of Eligibility (COE) of approved eligibility from the Veterans Affairs Administration must be provided to the Director of the Veterans Resource Center.
  2. Registration: The Department of Veterans Affairs requires that eligible students be accepted at the University and complete the registration process before receiving VA educational benefits.
  3. Consent for Certification: Veterans Affairs students must provide consent to be certified for each term including the summer in order to be certified with the Department of Veterans Affairs. An electronic consent form should be filled out and submitted. The form can be found in the following link:
  4. Dropping a Class: Students who drop a course resulting in a reduction in training time (i.e., full-time to part-time, etc.) shall promptly report the reduction to the VRC Director. A drop after 30 days from the beginning of the semester will create an overpayment of benefits that may result in an adjustment of benefits.
  5. Changing a Major: Eligible students desiring to change their major must come by the Office of the Registrar and Student Records to complete the change of major form. Courses taken that are not needed for your field of study will not be funded. The VA does not pay for a course more than twice. After receiving payment for the number of required elective courses, the student will not be eligible to receive VA funds for enrollment in additional elective courses except by written consent of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
  6. Change of Chapter: VA students with a change in chapter benefits must complete for VA purposes, VA Form 22-1995 or VA Form 22 -5490 (which may be obtained from the Veterans Affair Coordinator) and submit it to the Veterans Administration. A copy of the form must also be filed with the Veterans Affairs Coordinator at Voorhees University. If the student has already made the change in chapter benefits, the student must notify the Veterans Resource Center at the University of the change with proper documentation.

Veterans Resource Center

The first Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at Voorhees University opened on March 14, 2019. The VRC is specifically designed and tailored by the school to manage and maintain G.I. Bill® educational benefits for Veterans and dependents. The VRC oversees all matters related to dependent education, benefits process, payments, records audits, and serves as the point of contact for all Veterans Affairs inspections at the University. Additionally, the VRC is responsible for the training of School Certifying Officials, certifying G.I. Bill® educational benefit recipients, monitoring VA payments to students and the University, manages VA students tutoring and work-study programs.

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:

  • Prevent the student’s enrollment;
  • Assess a late penalty fee to;
  • Require student secure alternative or additional funding;
  • Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

  • Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.

Note: Chapter 33 students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 students cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent) before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the school.

  • Provide written request to be certified;
  • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.